Few meals can warm the soul quite as well as a good Winter Vegetable Beef Soup but with the addition of del Carmen Black Beans the flavors become absolutely breathtaking!
- In a large sauce pot, sautee beef or pork in small amount of olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Add onions, carrots, broth or water and spices. Bring to simmer. Simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
- Add Low Sodium del Carmen Black Bean Soup, potatoes, and squash. Return to simmer and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and.. Voila!
- 1.5lb Beef or Pork Stew Meat
- 3 Medium Yellow gold potatoes (quartered)
- 2 cups Butternut squash (large diced)
- 3 Carrots (cut in half lengthwise then cut into 2 in. pieces)
- 1 Medium Sweet onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 12 oz. container Low Sodium del Carmen Black Bean Soup
- 16fl oz Beef broth, vegetable broth or water (Beef broth is best for fullest flavor)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Meal Type: Main Dish, Side Dish, Soup
Recipe By: Patty Havermale