Few meals can warm the soul quite as well as a good Winter Vegetable Beef Soup but with the addition of del Carmen Black Beans the flavors become absolutely breathtaking!
- In a large sauce pot, sautee beef or pork in small amount of olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Add onions, carrots, broth or water and spices. Bring to simmer. Simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
- Add Low Sodium del Carmen Black Bean Soup, potatoes, and squash. Return to simmer and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and.. Voila!
Nothing is easier to eat on the go than a burrito, so next time you’re on the run try this recipe with a little Cuban flavor.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately.
Here is a tasty recipe for the comfort season.