On our market days, we get to see so many of our customers enjoy our beans and share feedback about our products and del Carmen. But what we love most is to see our little customers. We all know that it can be a chore getting kids to eat ANY vegetables. del Carmen’s beans are so tasty that not only will kids eat them, but they will actually ask for more. Bring your children and babies out to the market days and let them sample some of our beans. They’ll love them, and that’s one less thing to worry about for you. Follow us on Twitter and become a friend on Facebook to keep up with all del Carmen events and dates!
Few meals can warm the soul quite as well as a good Winter Vegetable Beef Soup but with the addition of del Carmen Black Beans the flavors become absolutely breathtaking!
- In a large sauce pot, sautee beef or pork in small amount of olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Add onions, carrots, broth or water and spices. Bring to simmer. Simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
- Add Low Sodium del Carmen Black Bean Soup, potatoes, and squash. Return to simmer and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and.. Voila!
Nothing is easier to eat on the go than a burrito, so next time you’re on the run try this recipe with a little Cuban flavor.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately.
Here is a tasty recipe for the comfort season.